toppings..it was sooo good all by itself!!! Bon Appetit!!
_ 1 yellow onion
– 2 cloves, garlic
– 1/4 jalapeño pepper, seeded (You can use more if you like spice)
– 2 tbsp, olive oil
– 1 14oz can, diced fire-roasted tomatoes
– Salt to taste
– 6 cups chicken stock/broth
– 3-4 cups, shredded chicken (You can roast this yourself or buy a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken)
– Juice from 1 lime
You can top with sour cream, avocado, cilantro and/or shredded cheese
1. Peel and cut your onion into quarters, peel garlic, and seed jalapeño
2. In a food processor (or blender), mix onion, garlic, and jalapeño until it’s almost a paste
3. In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat and sauté the onion/garlic mixture for 5 minutes.
4. Stir in diced tomatoes, chicken broth, shredded chicken, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, and salt to taste.
5. Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer, partially covered, stirring every 15-20 minutes.
6. How long you cook the soup is up to you but the flavors get better the longer it sits on the stove so I like to keep it there for at least an hour. That said, you could cook it for 20 minutes if you’re in a rush and it is still delicious.
7. Serve with Tortilla Chips!!!