1 tbs minced garlic
3 tbs butter
3.5 cups chicken broth
1 cup heavy whipping cream (I use fat free 1/2 & 1/2)
4 cups broccoli florets
3 cups sharp cheddar cheese
pepper and salt to taste
- In a large pot, add garlic and butter.
- Saute for 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth, cream, and broccoli.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to low heat for 15 min (until broccoli is tender).
- Lower to simmer and add cheese slowly.
- Stir on simmer until the cheese is melted and well incorporated.
- Add salt and pepper.