Slow Cooker Lemon Poppy Seed Bread
adapted from GetCrocked.com
non stick cooking spray
2 c all purpose flour
1/4 c poppy seeds
1T. baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1/2c greek yogurt or sour cream
1/4 c milk
1 tsp lemon peel finely shredded
1/4 c lemon juice fresh
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. lemon peel finely shredded
lemon juice or milk
1. Spray a 5 quart oval or 4 quart round slow cooker with cooking spray.
2. Combine flour, poppy seeds, baking powder, and salt in large bowl. Set aside
3. Whisk sugar, eggs, oil, yogurt, milk, lemon peel, lemon juice, and the 1tsp vanilla, until sugar dissolves in a medium bowl.
4. Mix sugar mixture with flour mixture all at once. Stir until combined (mixture will be lumpy). Spoon batter into prepared slow cooker.
5. Cover. Cook on High for 1 1/2 hours or until top appears set.
6. Turn slow cooker off.
7. Remove lid CAREFULLY so condensation from lid does not drip onto bread.
8. Cover the top of the slow cooker completely with a paper towels placing the lid on top. Cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
9. Run a knife around the edges of slow cooker, remove bread from crock or remove the baking dish and set on countertop to cool.
10. Cool completely on a wire rack or plate.
11. Drizzle bread with lemon icing.