image cooking light
1 Tbs Olive Oil
1 Cup Chopped Onion
6 Garlic Cloves Finely Chopped
1 Can Unsalted Petite Diced Tomatoes, Undrained
1 1/2 Cups Unsalted Chicken Stock
1/2 Tsp Oregano
8 Ounces Whole Grain Spaghetti
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
10 Ounces Fresh Spinach
1 Ounce Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Heat a dutch oven or large saucepan over medium heat. Add oil, swirl to coat.
- Add onion and garlic to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until onion starts to brown.
- Add tomatoes, stock, oregano, and pasta, in that order. Bring to a boil.
- Stir to submerge noodles in liquid.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 7 minutes or until pasta is almost done.
- Uncover; stir in salt.
- Add spinach in batches, stirring until spinach wilts. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese.